Blog Flux LinkLog: Outgoing Link Logging and Click Tracking for From the Bottom Up From the Bottom Up: Why IGN Sucks Part: II

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Why IGN Sucks Part: II

Well kiddies it's time for part 2 of our 4 part series on "Why IGN Sucks" so read along and laugh will us at FtBU.

Reason Number 2: You have to PAY for it.

I don't know how many times I've been researching a story or game on IGN and I get a pop up saying that "this area is for premium members only" paying for news and media is such bullshit. I don't pay for TV and if I had a choice I would not pay for my internet connection. Well I can right it off as a business expense anyway. Now IGN is not the only website that is guilty of this pay per story crap. Canadian national newspaper the Globe and Mail charges a fee to access parts of their website, I have heard that the Washington Post and USofA Today also have premium content for paying users. All media should be free so I fight for what I can. Muhahahaha free cable rules! My cable company even keeps calling me trying to offer me a TV package and I ask "Is it more than free?" they say "Yes" "HA! No thanks homeboy. I'm all set" Paying to get news is so wrong all news should be free. People should have free access to journalistic content because that it what FREEdom of the press is all about.

Well that's it for today tune in tomorrow for our 3rd part in our four part series "Why IGN Sucks".

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paying for news articles? What kind of bull is IGN pulling?

6:05 p.m.  
Anonymous OmegaNikon said...

I completely agree with you. and if you don't pay they load you computer down with stupid ass pop ups. its the most annoying site to navigate.

3:30 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are retarded. freedom of the press has absolutely nothing to do with it being free. Of course you would want to not pay for cable and internet but they charge for it so they can you know make money and survive as a business. the whole reason internet news is free is because they make their money on advertising.

2:06 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home