Blog Flux LinkLog: Outgoing Link Logging and Click Tracking for From the Bottom Up From the Bottom Up: !WARNING! Do Not Take Your Better Half Game Hunting!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

!WARNING! Do Not Take Your Better Half Game Hunting!


Well the consumerist season is upon us. People spend more money between now and Christmas than they do the rest of the year but you already knew that.

Of course what every gamer wants for Christmas is one of the latest consoles be it a Wii, PS3, 360 or even one of the handhelds like the Nintendo DS or PSP. There is a slight problem with this list of gaming jewels, two members are extremely hard to come by at the moment.

My best friend Brad was out "Wii Hunting" on Saturday, running around all over town checking store after store looking for a console by the time he met up with me it was about 3:30 PM. He told me he had been looking all day with no luck. I then looked past him at his fiance who stood there with her arms crossed looking tired and none too happy with my buddy.

You see Brad made a crucial mistake that most gamers make. When women go shoe shopping they often go to many different stores these stores however are often IN THE SAME MALL. Game stores however are often limited to one, two if it's a big mall. So game hunting often requires a lot of driving and disappointment.

I can't see why any women would want to participate in a hunt for a product that will most likely be used by the dominant gamer in the house. So whether it's for a rare game or one of the hard to find consoles you are better off taking along your video game obsessed journalist friend than the women who can banish you to the couch.

2 Comments:

Blogger Devion Ayers said...

If anyone is in need of Wii before the holidays, The GoodyMart has a few left.

They have PS3's as well, although they are priced kind of high. Guess it depends on how bad you want them.

Love the Mario image on Bestest Blog.

10:32 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a woman who had a situation much like the one you've talked about.
I was with my man who was on the hunt for the Wii & it WAS annoying, but not because he was going all over the city to find one, but because it was an ill thought out plan. I am all for getting the Wii, I mean there is nothing more that I want to play other then Nintendo products (I like the kid friendly games) I just like having a plan so I don't get let down ALL THE TIME like him.
Though you do have a point with the shoes!

10:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home